Published on June 19th, 20121
Microsoft Surface Tablet Revealed
Microsoft have revealed their intentions and plans to try to take a snip of the tablet market. Speaking at an event in Hollywood chief executive Steve Ballmer said that there will be two touchscreen devices, which are likely to launch from October, made “no compromises” between tablet and PC capabilities.
The two versions of the device with one running Windows RT, the new version of Windows that resembles Windows Phone and uses low power processors, while the other is likely to be running the full Windows 8 and using traditional Intel chips. Microsoft is hoping to compete and that its new hardware will allow users to replace their Apple iPads and Windows 7 laptops with these new Windows 8 tablets.
Check out the Microsoft Surface promo clip -The promo clip didn’t give a whole lot away and will the operating system be like that of the Windows phone.
Related articles from the Web
- Microsoft Unveils Surface Tablet (mashable.com)
- ‘Microsoft Surface’ Windows 8/RT tablets announced (neowin.net)
- The Microsoft Surface, A 10.6-Inch Windows 8 Tablet From Microsoft (techcrunch.com)
- Microsoft unveils Surface tablet family with Intel, ARM chips (liliputing.com)
- Microsoft surface tablet on video, complete with dubstep (neowin.net)
- Microsoft Surface pricing and release details dropped (slashgear.com)
- What Is the Microsoft Surface Tablet? [Microsoft Surface] (gizmodo.com)
- Microsoft Announces Two New Microsoft Surface Tablets (tomshardware.com)
- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer on Where Microsoft’s New Surface Tablet Fits in PC Ecosystem (allthingsd.com)
- Microsoft Announces Surface Windows 8 Tablet: Here’s Everything You Need To Know (redmondpie.com)