Published on July 1st, 2012 | by adminJohn0
Who Will Win Euro 2012?
for the next couple of years. But who’s going to win it? Spain boss Vicente del Bosque is expected to have a fully-fit squad for the game, but will he play a striker…
This is the 61-year-old’s biggest dilemma. Will he play an out and out striker in the form of Fernando Torres or will he opt for a not so prolific striker Negredo who had a rather quiet outing against Portugal. So, with Fernando Torres seemingly out of favour, and with Fernando Llorente yet to make an appearance at the tournament, Cesc Fabregas could be restored a role up front alongside Andres Iniesta and David Silva.
Italy defender Ignazio Abate, who missed the semi-final win over Germany with a muscle injury, is likely to return to fitness in time for the final, while fellow full-back Christian Maggio is also available after serving a one-match ban. Coach Cesare Prandelli may persist with the same formation that served him well against the Germans rather than revert to the unorthodox 3-5-2 line-up used in the opening match against Spain.
Italy didn’t gain any new information from Spain when the two met in Group C earlier on in the tournament, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Spain gained anything positive either. In fact, they might have picked up some misinformation about their opponents, while Italy learned a lot about their own players – and have gone on leaps and bounds as the tournament has progressed.
Tonight we will be going for a score draw (2-2) by the end of normal time then Italy to nick it in extra time! Or we are simply just hoping for an exciting game rather than a boring Spain passing game.
Expected Starting Lineup Spain - Casillas, Arbeloa, Pique, Ramos, Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas, Iniesta
Expected Starting Lineup Italy - Buffon, Abate, Barzagli, Chiellini, Balzaretti, Marchisio, Pirlo, De Rossi, Montolivo, Balotelli, Cassano
Related articles from the Web
- Euro 2012: Italy 1, Spain 1: Spain Held to Tie by Scandal-Ridden Italy (nytimes.com)
- Italy Vs. Spain, Euro 2012 Final: Players To Watch (sbnation.com)
- Euro 2012 Final: Should Fernando Torres Start Against Italy? (bleacherreport.com)
- Grant Wahl: Spain has chance to make history in Euro 2012 title match (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Ben Lyttleton: Roller-coaster year for Spain’s Torres ending in another final (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Jonathan Wilson: Italy-Spain Euro 2012 final promises to be clash of polar opposites (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Spain’s top five moments at Euro 2012 (lfpress.com)
- Euro 2012: Andrés Iniesta – Spain’s magician, escapologist and chief creator (guardian.co.uk)
- The debate you never thought you’d see: Are world and European champions Spain BORING? (mirror.co.uk)
- Italy bid to topple Spain as European kings (thehimalayantimes.com)