Published on July 2nd, 20121
Skittles Vodka Recipe
What is Skittle Vodka?
Flavored vodkas are a very popular trend and it seems only natural that candy combined with vodka would create a delicious concoction. Skittle
infused vodka is a homemade vodka that consists of only vodka and Skittles. It is a sweet alcoholic treat with a bite and is very easy to make. Skittle’s vodka is a perfect summer drink and it definitely is a crowd pleaser. So if you’re looking for a new way to taste the rainbow, try making skittle vodka.
- Vodka (try to avoid the cheaper brands)
- Skittles (the skittle to vodka ratio is 10 skittles to 1oz (30ml) of vodka)
- 5 Bottles (for separate flavors of Skittle Vodka)
- Tea Towel/Coffee filter/Paper towels
Step By Step Instructions
- Separate the Skittles according to flavor
- You can also mix flavors of Skittles, but leave out the lime and grape ones - tip – they ruin the taste of the final product’s taste.
- Put the Skittles into the bottles (it’s easier to put the skittles in the bottle first so that you don’t have to pour excess vodka out)
- Pour the vodka in
- Seal the bottle
- Wait for the skittles to dissolve – it usually takes 1 or 2 days, and you can shake the bottle to speed up the process
- After the Skittles have disolved there will be a white residue on top, strain the fluid to get rid of the white residue.
- I’ve found the best way to do this is to filter it through a tea towel