Published on July 18th, 20120
Top 10 Drinking Games from around the World
Number 1 – Beer Pong
1) Divide into 2 teams and position yourselves at opposite ends of a table, each group with 6 -10 plastic cups of beer in a triangle in front of them.
2) Player one throws a ping pong ball at the opponent’s cups. If it lands in one, a player from the rival team must down the contents.
3) As cups are emptied, those that remain can be re-positioned so they’re closer together.
4) The losing team is the first one to finish all their beer. As a punishment, they must then drink everything left in the winning team’s cups as well.
To vary the game, you can work from low to high percentage drinks, or have an array of beer and other drinks in each contest.
Number 2 – Flip Cup
1) Each team lines up on one side of a long table. In the example here, we have a red team and a green team of 4 players each. Players at similar skill levels usually line up across from each other.
2) At the start of each round, all players fill their cup with a couple gulps of beer. Some players like to fill more than just a couple gulps, but since this game involves a lot of drinking, it is not recommended.
3) Starting at one end of the table, the 2 people facing each other on opposing teams tap their cups together (cheers) and then drink their beers.
4) Once a player is finished with their drink, they will set their empty cup on the edge of the table and then try to flip it upside down with their finger. If they flip it, and it does not land upside down, they must try again until they do.
5) Once a player has successfully flipped their cup over, then the teammate next to them begins their turn: drink their beer and flip their cup.
Number 3 – I have Never
An amazing way to find out all your friends deepest, darkest secrets (although you’ll probably reveal your own in the process).
1) Going round in a circle, each player takes it in turn to say ‘I have never…’ followed by something they haven’t done (the more scandalous the better).
2) Anyone who has done whatever activity is named has to drink. That’s pretty much it – the fun of this game is in what you discover!
Number 4 – A Game of 21′s
How hard can it be to count to 21? Actually, surprisingly difficult…
1) First player elects the direction e.g. ’1 to my left..’
2) Players then continue counting. If anyone says two numbers (’3,4′) the game changes direction, if someone says three (’5,6,7′) then it carries on in the same direction but skips a player.
3) Anyone who screws up drinks.
4) Whoever ends up as ’21′ also has to drink (although to be honest, it very rarely gets that far).
Number 5 – Ring of Fire
Quite simply, the king of all drinking games.
1) Arrange a pack of cards in a small circle around a pint glass, all face down.
2) Sit in a circle around the cards. Take it in turns to pick a card, making sure you don’t break the circle (if you do, you must immediately down your drink).
For each card, there is a corresponding action – some of them which vary around the world include:
A- Waterfall – Everyone must keep drinking until the person who picked the card stops. So who knows how long you will be going for!
2- is Choose – You can choose someone to drink
3- is Me – You must drink
4- is Whore – All girls drink
5- Thumb Master- When you put your thumb on the table everyone must follow and whomever is last must drink. you are the thumb master till someone else picks a five.
6- is Dicks – All guys drink
7- is Heaven – Point your finger in the sky, whoever is last must drink
8- is Mate – Choose someone to drink with you
9- Rhyme – Pick a word such a dog and the person next to you must rhyme with dog, like log, and it goes to the next person and the next, in a circle, until someone messes up and he or she will have to drink
10- Categories- Pick a category such a football and you go in a circle and everyone has to say a word that fits with football such as: touchdown, field goal, USC. Whoever messes up, drinks.
Jack- Make a Rule – You can make up any rule that everyone has to follow, such as you can only drink with your right hand. Everyone (including you) must follow this rule for the whole entire game and if you disobey you must drink.
Queen- Questions – Go around in a circle and you have to keep asking questions to each other. Doesn’t matter what the question is, as long as its a question. Whoever messes up and does not say a question, drinks.
King- Pour!- You must pour a little of your drink into the cup that is in the middle of the table. Whomever picks up the LAST king must drink the whole cup, which could be filled with different drinks, so who knows how bad it could taste!
Number 6 – Boat Race’s
Separate people into even teams and stand them at a table facing their opposing player. On the signal, the first drinkers of each team chug their beer and places the empty glass upside down on their head. Then the next player and so on until the last person in line is done. First team to finish is the winner.
Number 7 – Bullshit
Deal all cards. Multiple decks may be required depending on number of players. The main objective is for a player to get rid of all his/her cards first.
The player to the left of the dealer goes first. This player must put down one or more Aces. Once they put their cards FACE DOWN and say how many they have, the next player must play 2′s, the next 3′s and so on until Kings are played.
Any time a player is thought to be lying about the cards they say they have, Bullshit can be called. If the accusing player is correct, the bullshitting player must pick up all the cards and drink. If the accusing player is wrong, they must pick up all the cards and drink.
Cheating is encouraged in this game, but if someone calls Bullshit and catches someone in the act,they must pick up all the cards and drink. Play continues until someone is out of cards. The rest of the players must then chug what’s left of their drinks.
Number 8 – Dick the Dealer
This is basically like ‘Higher or Lower’, but far more interesting…
1) One person, The Dealer, shuffles a deck of cards and places it down in front of them. They then pick up the top card and the first player (the person on their left) must try and guess the number on it.
2) If the player guesses correctly, The Dealer must drink. If they are incorrect, The Dealer tells them whether the actual number is higher or lower than their answer.
3) The first player then guesses again. If they get it right, The Dealer drinks, but if they get it wrong, the player drinks and the guessing passes on to the next person (repeating the same process). Used cards are placed face up for everyone to see and grouped according to number – this means it gradually gets easier and easier to guess what’s left in the pack.
4) In order for the role of The Dealer to be passed on, two players in a row must guess the card incorrectly. The deck is then passed on to the next person in the circle.
5) Play continues until all the cards are gone. By this time most people have been The Dealer, so essentially everyone is drunk.
Number 9 – Goon of Fortune
Know those silver bags that come inside boxes of wine? They’re called ‘goons’ (thanks again to the Australians) and are used in this game show inspired contest.
1) You need a circular washing line for this one. Attach a goon to each of the four corners (use clothes pegs if necessary), and then all stand in a circle around it.
2) Spin the washing line round. As it spins everyone must shout ‘Goon of Fortune’ until it stops.
3) When it stops, whoever is closest to each bag must drink from it for 10 seconds.
4) A player is out if they fail to drink from the goon, vomit or pass out.
Number 10 – Power Hour / Centurion
Warning: this game will mess you up. The rules are to take a shot of beer every minute for an entire hour. Real men do the Centurion and do a shot of beer ever minute for 100 minutes. At the end of the hour, a player will have drank about 5 beers (a little over 8 beers for the 100 minutes).
- You Know What This Beer Pong Game Needs? More Basketball (1340thefan.com)
- 20 Hilariously Creative Beer Bongs (complex.com)
- Drink Up! It’s All Fun and Games…Or Is It? (thenarcissisticanthropologist.com)
- The Wanted Get American By Learning To Play Beer Pong (923now.cbslocal.com)
- The Wanted Get American By Learning To Play Beer Pong (b96.cbslocal.com)
- Aquatic Drinking Tables – The ‘PORTOPONG’ Inflatable Beer Pong Table Revolutionizes the (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Give Your Flip Cup Game the Classy Table It Deserves [Daily Desired] (gizmodo.com)
- The Book of Beer Awesomeness: A Guide To Beer Drinking Activities (laughingsquid.com)
- The Wanted Get American By Learning To Play Beer Pong (kiss951.cbslocal.com)
- Reddit’s Favorite Drinking Games (coedmagazine.com)