Chicken, Tomato and Mozzarella Gnocchi
- Small head of broccoli
- 500g pack fresh gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 150g pack mozzarella, roughly chopped
1. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the broccoli first and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the broccoli and drain on kitchen paper and set aside for later. Add the gnocchi to the water and cook according to packet instructions – should be no longer the 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside once cooked through.
2. Put a large frying pan over a high heat and add oil. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan and cook through for 2-3 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Preheat the grill and add the tomatoes to the pan, quarter-fill the can with water and swap over to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, until reduced slightly and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the broccoli and gnocchi, season and heat through.
4. Transfer the contents over to a shallow ovenproof dish. Scatter with the cheese and place under the grill for 2-3 minutes, until the mozzarella cheese begins to melt.