Acne is one of the teenage and in some cases through the older years big issue. Trying to prevent acne is one solution as this can help slow down the process and make the breakout less noticeable. So here are our 5 tips to preventing acne and we’d love to hear some of your own tips -
1. Wash Your Face Daily
This sounds so simple, but whether or not you have acne, it is so important to wash your face daily to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and excess oil from the skin surface. To wash your face, use warm water and a mild facial cleanser. If you are using a regular soap, this could injure the already inflamed skin and cause more irritation. You should also avoid scrubbing your skin harshly with a washcloth, exfoliating glove, or loofah and simply gently wash it with your clean hands or a very soft cloth.
3. Try an over the counter Acne Treatment Cream
Most acne products may contain ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide – which is an antibacterial agent with a drying effect, or salicylic acid, an agent that sloughs off skin and gets rid of bacteria. You should start off small and work your way up getting the skin and face prepared for the new regime.
4. Avoid heavy makeup use
During an acne breakout, try to avoid wearing foundation, powder, or blush. If you do wear makeup, wash it off at the end of the day thoroughly. Try to use oil-free cosmetics. Water-based cosmetics are available and will be very beneficial to preventing acne.
5. Avoid touching your face
Avoid touching your face or propping your cheek or chin on your hands. Not only can you spread bacteria, you can also irritate the already inflamed facial skin. Also if you pop or peel skin and spots then this can result in scarring and leaving marks.
Have you any of your own tips?
- 3 Triggers that Will Irritate Adult Acne (myadvancedderm.com)
- How Do I Prevent Acne? (grandmaslyesoap.wordpress.com)
- SKIN all natural™ Harnesses The Power Of Thyme Herb for Acne Remedy (prweb.com)
- Three Tips for Living with Acne (myadvancedderm.com)
- 4 Tips for Addressing Acne (myadvancedderm.com)
- Preventing Acne in College: A CF Survival Guide (collegefashion.net)
- How You Can Spot A Genuine Acnezine (wiki.mozilla.org)
- The Best Acne Moisturizing Treatments (stilettojungleblog.com)
- No scrubs on pimples (arabtimesonline.com)